Author Topic: Presonus Firebox....trouble configuring the Interface.  (Read 3356 times)

Jeffsco

• View Profile
Is there anyone using a Presonus Firebox for their SATLive interface? i'm really struggling to understand how to get it to work. I can not get the line inputs 3 and 4 and the Line outputs 3,4,5,and 6 to work while at the same time allowing me to plug a Measurement Mic into the Front of the unit. I can get it to work by looping the Left output back around into the Left Hi-Z input but that seems to be affecting my frequency response.

SATLive only gives me a few choices on how to configure it and one of them doesn;t work at all. Can anyone tell me how they've dealt with this? should i get a new preamp? do you use the Firebox Mixer software? are you using the Asio Driver for this>

Help!!!!

TomyN

• Administrator
  • Master of SATlive
    • View Profile
    • SATlive Homepage
Re: Presonus Firebox....trouble configuring the Interface.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 19:59 »
Hi Jeffsco,

if you want to use other inputs than the default stereo ins, ASIO is the way to go.

Can you see all inputs listed in the ASIO assignment area (Setup -> I/O Devices -> Select ASIO -> Select the Firebox -> Click on 'ASIO settings'. On the window showing up there is at least one configuration (Default) listed in the right area. This configuration is used everytime SATlive starts up. Select this entry and click on edit. Check if all inputs are on the list.

Regards

Tomy
Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Thomas Neumann
SIM-II Operator
DANTE Level1 certified

Jeffsco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 01:17 »
Yea..I've done all that. The problem is....there is no explanation for why SATLive is not giving me unrestricted access to tell it which inputs and outputs to choose. It's only allowing me a limited number of choices when the Presonus unit gives me 6 different outputs, and 4 different inputs. When it asks you to define the Reference signal output channel t only shows up inputs??????

I spent 2 hours last night trying every possible combination of outputs and inputs and settings. I managed to get the reference signal running from a Line out to a Line input , as well as getting a 2nd Line Out to the PA and allowing me to obtain the room signal from the Mic Pre-amp.  Unfortunately, the settings in the ASIO setup do not correspond exactly with the Inputs and Outputs I'm using. Very strange.

But at least it works and I'm happy. If anyone is interested...I'll post my configuration for the Presonus Firebox.

TomyN

• Administrator
  • Master of SATlive
    • View Profile
    • SATlive Homepage
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 09:36 »
Hi,

to clear the things a little bit, I copy page 143 of the manual pdf:

Audio Out Mode
select how ASIO Assign routes the output channel(s).

The selection contains the following items:

Single Output the output signal is routed to only one output of the I/O interface. You can select the output channel for every routing in the ASIOAssign. You can access any output of the I/O interface using this setting.

Dual Channel Output the output signal is routed to a stereo pair of output channels, like AnalogOut1 and AnalogOut2. As suggested in the ASIO specification, you can only select the first pair of outputs of an output group, so not all outputs will be listed in the ASIOAssign's routing setup. The list contains the name of the first output of the stereo pair, in the example above this would be AnalogOut1.

Fixed Reference Channel this option combines the global selection of one output with the individual selection of another output. This enables you to use your I/O device as an output switcher to select different speakers using ASIOAssign without the need to think about how to route the reference signal. You can select the fixed reference output in the global ASIO I/O setting on the lower left.

Reference Output select the output channel which SATlive uses if fixed reference channel is selected for the current Audio-Out Mode.

Tomy
Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Thomas Neumann
SIM-II Operator
DANTE Level1 certified

Jeffsco

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 19:02 »
I'm appropriately chastened Tomy! I'd best go back and really read thru the help manual. Thanks for pointing it out. That makes much more sense.